Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rainy Days and Neil Sedaka

When Neil Sedaka hit the charts in a big way again in the mid-70's, I thought he was old. Of course, being in my mid-teens it didn't occur to me that he was very young when hitting it big the first time. In my way of thinking, anyone who recorded before the Beatles HAD to be old. Neil came up in that bumper crop of pop songwriters out of New York City such as Carole King, Jerry Goffin, and Neil Diamond. Along with many others, he was swept away in Beatlemaina but continued to write for others. Artists such as Captain & Tennille and Elton John helped him back into prominence and he stayed there until the early 80's. My favorite song of his hit No. 1 today in 1975...."Laughter In The Rain"....He continues to perform and write at the age of 71.


0 comments:

Post a Comment