Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Boston--More Than a Feeling (1976)

     I'll never forget the first time I heard Boston's, "More Than a Feeling" on a good stereo. A friend's house, shooting some pool and drinking beer, listening to albums. My ears immediately picked up on the sonic difference between this and other albums. It was crisper.....cleaner. Then the wall of sound washed over me like a warm musical bath. I was hooked, at least for that album. Their first solo album was one of my first purchases in my own collection.
     Tom Scholz started making music while a student at MIT in 1969. He joined a band in 1970 along with two of the guys would help make up Boston's debut album, Barry Goudreau and Brad Delp. Much of their signature sound was in place several years before finally being picked up by Epic Records. Scholz's perfectionism (and Delp's voice) helped that album shoot out of the gate as did it's subsequent release, "Don't Look Back".




    

1 comment:

  1. LOVED that song in High School... That really takes me back!

    ReplyDelete