Monday, May 23, 2011

Cat Stevens--Moonshadow (1971)

   Well well....the premiere of "The Rock and Roll Omnibus" is tonight at 9pm Central US. You can hear it at radiofreenashville.org, and hope you will all give a listen. In the meantime, it's cloudy, rainy, and I feel like I've been hit by a truck. The only think I know to do is take meds and drink fluids and be thankful that it's still about 15 hours away.

    In the meantime, this is a good morning for some laid back sounds.

     Cat Stevens wrote "Moonshadow" for the album "Teaser and the Firecat", and in 1977 a cartoon short was made based on the song. Stevens wrote the dialogue and it was released along with others as the Fantastic Animation Festival. The first time I saw it was on ABC's "In Concert" series, which (I think) was also it's US debut. Looking back, it's very whimsical and utterly delightful.....hope you like it and hope that you all give me a listen tonight as we debut, "The Rock and Roll Omnibus" on radio..... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment